FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CleanStay
Thread: CleanStay
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2020, 3:19 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well, personally I think that this is a pretty good initiative, with the co-branding with RB and all, but this being FT, of course the first comment to start the thread needs to be skeptical and somewhat negative...

Oh, so you're the person who comes into the gym like no one else is there and sets the TV to blast Fox News at deafening volume since you don't bring your own music. Really appreciate that.

Also, while people have been getting all worked up about surface transmission and infectious particles lingering around for a long time, the amount of detectable material drops off exponentially - the 24 or 48 or 72 hour figures we hear people cite are literally the limit of detection with laboratory equipment, not a statement on whether that is anywhere near sufficient viral load to cause infection. See below. The literature I've reviewed has only found one suspected case of surface transmission. So frankly, while I'm not an "expert"*, I personally think that the scare about surface transmission is highly overblown.

(*Of course these days everyone is an "expert", when the most-read author on this subject is some guy who worked for a video game company...)
The problem is of more recent reports of people that have contracted the coronavirus and never left the house, but had groceries delivered without human contact. The virus was most likely transferred via surface of the groceries. imo