FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedia and refunds
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2020, 11:44 am
Hornetcoach

Be persistent. After perhaps 8 hours of phone calls and text messages with Expedia, with most of that time spent on hold, calls magically disconnected, customer service reps and supervisors who couldn't help, I finally was told that my airline credit will be changed to a refund. I booked a round trip package to Paris, hotel, flight and insurance for my daughter and her friend, booked back in December for a flight tomorrow. The hotel cancelled a month ago and issued a refund, not received yet. The airline cancelled three weeks ago. Since then I have been trying to get the credit changed to a refund, no success until today. 4 separate calls this week alone and a call typically takes an hour or so. They said it may take up to 8 weeks to get the refund. Now I have to work on getting something back for the insurance. Will I use Expedia again? Perhaps. The package was a great price, I got the hotel and flights for what the flights alone would have cost me booking direct. It was painful trying to get the money back but these are extreme circumstances and all travel companies are struggling.