FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March
Old May 8, 2020, 7:26 am
Blenz101

Programs: BA Exec Club (Gold)
Originally Posted by Genius1
That’s correct. I imagine UK lounges at least will remain closed until restaurants/cafes/pubs open again for ‘eat in’ service, and even then some lounges at Heathrow where there are multiple lounges may not all open if demand is low.
I'm currently in Dubai where we are now on our way out of lockdown and are following the same route as many other countries which have handled this in such a way as no to cause mass deaths and prolonged economic pain (ignoring the lack of tourists!).

Measures sensible countries are taking for bars/restaurants/cafes would all seem to be apply to an airport lounge. Some are possible but others are going to be difficult and give a very different experience.

e.g. easy to operate at 30% of capacity with 2m spacing between tables with each table sanitized between guests. More difficult will be to operate a model with all touch points removed e.g. no buffets, no free pour alcohol, no access to fridges with soft drinks / water etc.

Everything here must be table service and served on disposable plates / plastic knives and forks, you aren't allowed to approach the bar etc. The cost of staffing such a model in the galleries lounges at LHR would never wash its face even in the good times. I can however see the CCR room reopening and being viable under system, trips in First may suddenly become highly sought after for those with essential business travel needs!