FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: refund provided as voucher (for non refundable fares)
Old May 8, 2020, 5:47 am
SanderM

it seems that if you have an outstanding refund (not voucher) request it will go on a big pile and get rejected automatically in 90% of the cases.
Just went through this. Four bookings, and on the phone discussed that I can accept vouchers for three, and want a refund for the fourth. Request for refund submitted, and a few days later I get a message that they're not going to process the refund request. Instead I would get a voucher in a couple of weeks. Objected on WhatsApp (mentioning EC 261 and US DOT, since it was a flight to the US) and got a canned response about (paraphrasing) the rules not applying at the moment and I should be understanding. Replied with the question if doing a chargeback would be my only recourse now, or if they're going to take my refund request seriously. Within minutes got a snide reply, saying that US DOT doesn't apply since I made the booking on the NL site, and that my voucher had been issued. No mention or acknowledgments of my rights under EC 261. And indeed, two minutes later I got the voucher in my mail, obviously triggered by my question about CC chargeback. Not sure how to proceed now, I still want my money back for this booking .