FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 : BA network lounge closures, effective 17 March
Old May 8, 2020, 5:44 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
...............and even then some lounges at Heathrow where there are multiple lounges may not all open if demand is low.
Anybody’s guess I suppose - but suspect you are correct.

I would go even further and say that I wouldn’t be too surprised if lounges remain closed for the rest of this year. They are, after all, about as low down the priority list as you could imagine, certainly when compared to profit-making businesses, whether at airports or around the country, at risk of total collapse and whose owners will understandably soon be ‘begging’ the authorities to be allowed to re-open.

Once there is (to use a word seen elsewhere !) a ‘meaningful’ return of air travel, it would make sense to minimise close contact points between travellers whilst at the airport. Perhaps the initial low demand may itself prove a sort of self-regulation ; or perhaps lounge access may be limited by number ..... much like the policy often used by some third party lounge operators.