FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 Spain
Thread: Covid-19 Spain
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2020, 3:34 pm
MfromL

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Except he might not be able to do so because he is coming from the US, and while the numbers at this point are starting to go down in Spain and some areas are starting to slowly open (and will only be midway thru their opening by mid June), C19 is right now epidemic in the US and I don't see that changing in the eyes of European authorities in less than a month, their numbers are too high for allowing Americans to enter Europe and have a second wave.

While some flying has resumed (actually AA announced today its resuming DFW-MAD since tomorrow or today), these flights are basically commercial repatriation flights or for movement of special workers. There are heavy restrictions on who can enter Spain and the EU. Right now, you can only do it being a Schengen national or under exceptional circumstances (diplomat, medic, vital industries).

I would just wait for the cancelation to come. Also: bear in mind, Iberia is trying to do the travel voucher route. However, you are entitled to your money back. If they do not give it, I would try disputing the flight with your credit card company and get the money back.