FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JUL-AUG Schedules - When Will There Be An Update?
Old May 7, 2020, 3:21 pm
LoungeLizzard

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
The Swiss CEO said in a press conference yesterday that they expect to operate about 15 to 20% of the normal capacity in June and reach 50% by year end, generally using smaller equipment. (A220 iso A320, A340 iso 777).

No schedule can and will be made putting travel restrictions and lockdowns aside. I think that the gradual lifting of restrictions and the simple „Where can people come from and where can they go to?“ will dominate any strategy well into summer.
I would expect that rebuilding of a network that offers connections and value gets priority only when there is a sufficient number of possible routes. Maybe that is the case in late summer?

Coming back to your question, I am purely guessing that I expect Swiss to replace their now outdated schedule to DAR for August with an updated one earliest in mid July or about two weeks after the entry restrictions are lifted. (...and I‘d expect Swiss vs. Tanzania & Kenia restrictions to be the most crucial ones, but they know at least the regular traffic pattern, so they will consider others as well.)