FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passengers and agents allege Aer Lingus is breaking law on refunds
Old May 7, 2020, 2:49 am
JohnnyCarmello

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Dear Guest,
If your booking was made with a travel agent, please contact the agent for information on your options. The following information only applies to guests that booked directly on aerlingus.com.
Regrettably all flights from/to London City and Dublin have been suspended from May 18th 2020. This is due to the current extraordinary circumstances and the closure of London City Airport.
All guests have been re-accommodated on our London Heathrow service with AerLingus.
If this does not suit your travel plans please see alternative option for an AerLingus travel voucher;
Apply for a voucher
You can now apply for a voucher for the full value of your flight (including taxes and charges), plus an extra 10%. So, if for example, your flight cost at total of ?200, we?ll send you a ?220 voucher. Click here for relevant Terms and Conditions.
Applying for a voucher is really simple ? just follow the steps at: https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fo...-request-form/
For full information on your rights and our obligations under Regulation (EC) 261/2004, please follow this link - www.aerlingus.com/support/legal/regulation .
Kind regards,
The AerLingus Team
So I have no interest in a flight from heathrow generally (travel time to Heathrow is more than flight time!), but considering this was a trip for a wedding, which is cancelled, I most certainly have no interest in flying. However, a voucher doesn't interest me - this was going to be my first time flying Aer Lingus since moving from Dub to Lon at the start of 2018. It is unlikely I would ever use that voucher.

What is the best way of requesting a cash refund?