FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old May 6, 2020, 3:14 pm
dtwlarry

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Datapoint Update

Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Sorry so many are struggling to get their refunds. Our story is a unique one, as you will see!
I bought 3 tickets for our family for a non-stop r/t DTW-CDG for a mid-June college grad gift for my son (including LeMans), using SkyMiles during a flashsale into Comfort+ last fall. We used FCM to bump each of us up to D1, in sequential months, so our joint confirmation number was then split into 3 separate ones, one for each of us.
Flight was cancelled during the change on Saturday night (May 2nd). (And dammit, we got bumped from a 764 to an A359. Fudge!) I called the SM hotline, got the call back, the agent walked through, took about 35 minutes to get all three confirmation numbers lined up for reversal. The agent suggested the refunds should have processing movement within 48 hours. As you'll see below, not only YMMV, so did mine!
The kicker at this time? 2 of the 3 seats SkyMiles were reimbursed on Sunday, third remains MIA. 3 of 3 taxes/fees were reimbursed to AmEx last night. 2 of 3 FCM's into D1 were reimbursed last night.
So, I can relate somewhat to what several are putting up with, hopefully we're all made whole soon enough. Good luck, fellow Delta flyers!
Allowing me to quote, me.
So, I waited 72 hours, called 800-847-0578, stayed on hold over an hour, closer to 1h 15m, then spent 30 minutes as the agent worked through the screens and processes, got the missing SkyMiles reimbursed while on the phone, and received an email with my reimbursement for the last FCM we were waiting on. Hoping to see that in my AmEx soon...not the 30 days they quoted. I'll update when that occurs.
Again, best of luck to everyone waiting for their various reimbursements!