FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]
Old May 6, 2020, 12:00 pm
TangoOneSeven

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Mike P
Oh believe me, I'm not forgetting people whose year ended on March 8th as that includes me! I had reasonably comfortably re-qualified for GGL / CCR but haven't flown since February 29th so have no chance of accruing tier points myself. I am therefore watching what happens with interest.
Similar to me. I think the extension should be two years i.e to Feb/Mar 2022 on the basis that retaining the status during 2020 (for use in 2021) is slim based on current lockdowns/quarantines/bans on travel and projected return to prior travel levels. So, assuming travel is back to some level of normality by 2021 then you can try to obtain/retain for what happens after your revised 2022 expiration with maybe a reduced TP threshold to tempt people to fly BA. I know this is not one size fits all approach but applying a reduced TP threshold to 1/4 of BAEC members is also anything but one size fits all and was probably more of a stop-gap measure at the time.