FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MPC status benefit is of no value... should I be upset? (COVID-19)
Old May 5, 2020, 3:36 pm
HarbourGent

Originally Posted by cmiller11101
I'm MPC DM with a renewal in June 2020. Current MPC Club Points balance is 1850. I received points relief in Feb, Mar, and Apr, and had flights in early March (PVG-HKG, HKG-KUL, BKK-HKG, HKG-PVG) for a total of 150 Club Points. My current DM status was renewed around December 2019. As it stood in early Janurary, I would have been DM until June 2021 based on club points accrual... however, due to COVID-19, CX automatically extended my status, DM, until, the same: June 2021.

If COVID-19 did not happen, I would have been DM until June 2021... however, since COVID-19 happened and I was unable to travel, CX offered relief for some members -- except the top spenders: me.

So, my renewal would have worked out like this:
  • No COVID-19 relief: June 2021
  • COVID-19 relief: June 2021
Yes I'm a whiny *****... I hope we can all travel soon... I have like 6 flights booked or on hold for the rest of the year with CX alone... but come on, why do they disregard what I assume to be the top 5% members?

Note to mod: Not sure if this should be merged with main relief thread.... I've lost track in the huge discussion most recently... use discretion
I don't understand your point. You requalified for top tier status, what more ought the airline to have done for you?