FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Clean Care+ program
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2020, 4:41 pm
Diabeetus

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 24left
In the AC Media Release linked by @AtlanticXpat......

I note, with some amusement, the following phrases:

*enhanced aircraft grooming

*providing all customers with care kits for hand cleaning and hygiene.

Thinking about one of AC FT's epic threads Dirty aircraft started by @
farmerbrown in December 2014, there were endless examples over the years of AC's notable aircraft grooming

IIRC, when I and others started posting images of packages of disinfecting wipes, some here laughed or were dismissive - and we were using them simply BECAUSE of AC's well-known quality in aircraft grooming.

Not only were some of us ahead of the curve, as it were, but we also inadvertently let AC off the hook for failing to actually clean the aircraft, and we were cleaning the aircraft for AC.

I also look back on the post where I had suggested AC provide wipes to pax while boarding. If AC wasn't going to clean their aircraft, and expected us to do it, they could at least provide some supplies.

Wow, how times have changed.

Of course no one could predict back in that thread where we would be today. But I do find it both sad and ironic that we are here now, and AC now had cleaning care kits.

Also, paging @Sopwith. This thread is really begging for you to add a chapter to your epic thread The AC Contract Translated into Plain English

I feel anxious whenever I forget to bring disinfecting wipes and a bottle of hand sanitizer for my flights.

I agree that clean planes should have always been the bare minimum standard, not some high bar only to be reached after a pandemic starts.