FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious Damage Claim
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2020, 2:09 pm
NationalCares
Company Representative - National Car Rental

NationalCares

Originally Posted by aww3583
I returned a vehicle at a non-aisle location. We completed the walk around and the agent said “everything looks good”. I agreed and got my receipt.

Later that day, the station called the secondary number on my account and left a voicemail indicating a chip in the windshield and requested a call back. No attempt was made to contact me directly.

I called back and the same agent indicated an “unrepairable” 6” long crack in the drivers side of the windshield, directly in the line of sight. I told him that’s not possible as I drove the vehicle 900 miles over the previous few days and most certainly would have noticed such damage. I asked why it wasn’t noted by either of us during the walk around. He said he completed a secondary inspection on his own and noted the damage.

I requested photos of the damage for insurance purposes, as windshields on new cars can run almost $2000. A while later, I receive close-up photos where the crack was circled in chalk. The photos were taken well after the vehicle had been moved as evidenced by the reflections in the glass.

He said to be on the lookout for a call from the loss mitigation department.

I didn’t take photos during the walk around. However, I can’t help but think they would have captured the windshield crack that neither of us saw.

Any tips on how to handle? I was on company business and booked using the company code.
aww3583 We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
We look forward to hear more from you soon.
Warm Regards,
Carol H.
Social Monitoring
National Car Rental