FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Velocity COVID-19 Status Extension
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2020, 10:33 pm
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Are SC gifts still happening in May and June?

I know VA's very survival/reincarnation is at stake, and understand there are far bigger issues to consider right now, but just out of interest: does anyone know whether the status credit gifts are still going ahead in May and June as originally planned? Since Velocity is a separate company and their website still lists the page detailing the offer, I'm daring to hope that they will appear, though as of now (May 3rd) the May instalment has not yet, whereas last month's was dated April 1st.

This is of particular interest to me because the June SC gift will actually bump me up to Plat for the first time (and of course my pre-COVID plan was to take a few flights by then to ensure that happened). I for one would gladly support the new Virgin if the product isn't too stripped back vs the one we know well. I'm a fan of VA, I like the crews, and while I like QF as well I don't see any real reason to pay more for their product. I'll support VA Mk2 regardless of whether I stay at Gold or bump up to Plat, but it would be a nice bonus.

Whatever the answer, here's hoping VA rises from the ashes in one form or another. Right now that's actually looking pretty promising, given the very high level of interest from investors and consortia circling the scene. Interesting times!