FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banned for life from PayPal & ebay
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2020, 10:52 am
mhrb

Originally Posted by Car Jack
Open another eBay account and another paypal account using a different email address and another bank account.

I have 3 because I used to rotate eBay gift card from Game Stop, use them to buy discounted game stop cards on ebay, back to game stop to buy ebay card with game stop card (leaving $5 on the gamestop card, which they pay out in cash) and round and round in circles. At the time, eBay limited one account to $5k per account per year. I had 3 of each accounts and was in gamestop every day doing this nonsense. Never had anything shut down.
I should have said I tried this. Just with PayPal. It was linked (I used the same postal address and name) within a week after I received a £30 payment and closed.

If you read around, you'll see linking is very common and they have a lot of metrics to do this by. I was more looking to people who have had shut accounts reopened or found ways of using PayPal again as it's very easy to have multiple accounts of each before they unilaterally decide you've done something they don't like.