FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Traveling With Pet (Chihuahua)
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:41 pm
rionguyenngoc

Originally Posted by bhomburg
There's no covid-19 related restrictions on pet travel. All regular policies apply. If flights are operating, you can take pets along as usual.
One word of caution: with all these travel restrictions in place, document checks and the check-in procedure will definitely be more thorough than it used to be.
Korean has a 5kg weight limit for pet in cabin travel. With carrier and bedding, you will exceed this with a 4.5kg dog. An appropriately sized soft-sided carrier will weigh at least 1,3 kg.
Asiana has a 7kg weight limit for pet in cabin travel. I`d rather book on Asiana to be on the safe side here.

edit: Asiana looks like the better option for other reasons as well: The layover in ICN is shorter, and: Korean doesn't fly to Da Nang on their own planes but codeshares on Jin Air, which is a low-cost carrier. Even if they do accept pets in the cabin (I didn't check), you would need to book the animal separately with them, pay a second fee, and change terminals in Incheon. Really, don't do this and fly on Asiana. One airline, one stop, one pet fee, a single, quick one-hour layover with no transit woes, and widebody aircraft all the way (A350 for the long transpacific flight to Korea, then A330 to Da Nang - much better than the high-density no-legroom 737 you'll have to endure on Jin Air for almost five hours)
There's a few other threads already dealing with transiting ICN with pets.
Thank you for the respond, I really appreciate it,

Have you ever flown with Asiana? My fear is that they won't allow pets in cabin on long international flights, such as from Seattle to Incheon and from Incheon to Da Nang. And their policy does not say anything for pets in cabin for international flights