FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Load Factor: 6%
Thread: Load Factor: 6%
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2020, 3:40 pm
mile ho

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by kennycrudu
p;32335534
While I'm as optimistic as you are, this was an anomaly and my previous four segments these last few days have been far lighter (ca. 6-15).

That being said, (I do have my fingers crossed! Has Vegas decided to reopen on 5/1? I wonder how many people are getting off at LAS to help start reopening? (I'm out at SAN).)
Honestly, I'm not saying that all flights will go from 10 to 50 overnight. Kelley was predicting a load factor of 10% for May. It's going to much, much higher than that. And my guess is you just got a little taste of the punch that's going to be provided by the country opening up again.

I believe people are realizing that the virus isn't nearly as potent as they were led to believe (all the doom and gloom and graphs and over blown mortality predictions, countered now with the new studies of the antibodies around the country (USC, Stanford, NYC and Biobot in Boston, which show the virus is comparable to the flu for mortality)) and they are ready to move forward.

That's going to drive the load factor higher in the coming weeks and with the reduced schedule that's going to push those numbers to …. near 40% or higher in my estimation.