FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Like to cook? Have Amazon FireTV or tablet? Food Network Kitchen for free
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:05 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
We activated our subscription yesterday, and there seems to be a lot of variation in the quality of the content. We watched part of an episode of a show that is focused on Instant Pots, And the two recipes they cooked looked bland and boring. Seriously, who needs a cooking show to teach them how to make a chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper over quinoa? Or salmon, seasoned with salt and pepper, over red potatoes seasoned with salt and pepper?
​​​​
I was watching some that weren't as bland. Quite liked them - and got very hungry. Now, whether I'll be able to cook them is another thing. Content will also change. One of the things I liked about it is besides the fancy dishes, there are some that are geared towards people who aren't gourmet cooks. With a gazillion cooking shows/episodes & 80,000 recipes there will be something for everyone. It's a year long subscription - and it's free. Given that, I'm not going to complain too much.

I'm also looking forward to this weekend: "Food Network Kitchen and Amazon are launching a weekend initiative May 2-3 called We Cook Together “to help those seeking inspiration and assistance in the kitchen.” It’s bringing back live classes for two days from the home kitchens of Valerie Bertinelli, Scott Conant, Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Amanda Freitag, Alex Guarnaschelli, Marc Murphy, Michael Symon and Jet Tila – each class with a live Q&A."

However, before then my AcornTV trial will end so next couple of days will focus on AcornTV & finishing some of the TV series I was watching.

Cheers.