FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TravelUp
Thread: TravelUp
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:16 am
Waran

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, SPG Gold, SLH Honoured
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Has Cathay confirmed they have refunded BYOJet though (who i've never heard of?). The overwhelming issue is that airlines may say to you 'Refund is due' very quickly, but they are taking an eternity to refund back to the agent themselves causing monumental backlogs of refunds due (and of course, may aren't refunding anyway).
BYOJet is the trading name for FCM's OTA. Not even a separate legal entity, your contract is with FCM directly if you book via the site.
No, Cathay are saying it is available, but it's up to the agent to request it. Agent doesn't dispute refund is available nor disputes the airline cancelled flights. They are basically trying to claim they have the right to choose between refund or credit for me, and their choice for me is credit. (Implying I don't have a choice in this). If it want a refund, it would move from involuntary to voluntary cancellation and they get to charge fees. Likewise, if keep as credit, they get to charge fees to rebook. So basically, they are trying to somehow find a way to charge fees. Their own T&Cs say if airline cancellation, they should refund in full and make no provisions to charge admin fees. Hence this desperate attempt to somehow turn an airline cancelling flights to equate to voluntary cancellation.