FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closed hotel refers me to another Hilton- it refused to honor my reservation! WWYD?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:22 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
I was just kinda stunned at the way the conversation went. Filled with blaming others with a "yeah, I heard what happened" dismissal of his hotel's terrible treatment of me. All he did was come up, not use my name and say, "I trust you're enjoying your stay with us". Hence me asking him if he knew what happened. The rest was chit chat, him bragging that they'll rebound quicker because the surrounding buildings have 9,000 employees, and ignoring the hotel's total fail with the situation.

I kept thinking something else must surely be coming, then he did a little wai and exited to talk to another guest. If he felt the duty manager handled it wrong, nothing in his words or body language gave any hints.

He had thought his #2 had talked to me already. But when told he had not, he didn't seem to care.

IT all felt like someone higher told him to apologize and thus he had to talk to me, but wasn't going to apologize. I could be reading too much into the weird vibe, but the fact remains that nothing has been done. I guess he figures the apology from the Doubletree guy covers it. I would disagree.
I think the GM had no clue it was you that he was approaching, then when he found out it was you, he tried to exit the situation as quickly as possible.

He could have turned the interaction into at least a nice personal recovery with a genuine apology and show of concern. But instead he buried the hole even deeper.

Either this guy is clueless or simply doesn't care. Might be fearing for his job right now due to the low occupancy/closed hotels, but I am going to put out there that not properly taking care of guests and not properly responding to the changes this situation has presented (like having closed hotels put their guests into your hotel) in a smooth manner is only going to bury the hole further down.