FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Post your experience] Airlines/hotels that misbehaved or offered stellar service
Old Apr 28, 2020, 10:38 am
jmurat1041

Programs: AA EXP 5MM; BA GLD; UA 1MM; Marriott Lfe Ti, Hyatt Glob, Hilt Dmd, IHG Dmd RA, GT Globility Board
Subpar customer service experience with Korean Air refund

Back in February 2020 KAL twice cancelled the return portion of my BKK-SEL-BKK. The second time they rebooked me on a flight that was 18 hours later than my original departure, forcing me to overnight in SEL, which I did not want to do. Even though my booking was in J and I am Gold on Skyteam no-one at KAL's service counter in BKK could help, other than giving me the customer service phone number in BKK and in Korea. I called the BKK number 6 or 7 times over a period of several days, after 60-120 minutes on hold I hang up. Calling the Korea number was not much better, got disconnected several times after a very long wait. When I finally got through to someone they told me the value of my return ticket was worth about 20% of what I paid for it and that is what I would get as a refund. I thought highly of Korean Air's service before this experience but no longer. KAL is only OK if there is no issue, otherwise you are on your own. While very polite they completely gave me the impression that they could not care less about my business or (dis)satisfaction.