FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Saudia | ATH - Various Asia | Business RT from €700
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:18 am
Romanianflyer

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Originally Posted by 108912
The SV terminal in JED is a disgrace. I would rate LOS/EBB/ADD cleaner and more comfortable. And that's saying something. I believe they've moved to a better one now though?
Not yet all flights have moved to the new terminal (at least, not in early February when I flew them shortly before the COVID-19 lockdowns).

I've flown Saudia at least once a year for the last three years (first the FCO deal, then the ex-IST deal, and now ATH). Your summary of SV operations is accurate although a bit outdated. A lot has changed in the SV soft product since the IST-deal.

Food has improved further (I always thought it was pretty good to begin with, but they stepped up even a bit more). They vastly expanded their drinks menu, now including many teas, proper espresso/cappuccino and mocktails (the non-alcoholic Bellini is great, the mojito not so much!). The biggest changes are however to be seen in the service as somehow Saudia either hired a complete new set of flight attendants or threatened to hack them into pieces with a bone saw (pun intended) if they would not step up their game.

Every single interaction I had with SV cabin crew - including the male Saudi FA - has been enjoyable and excellent. They suddenly changed into a welcoming, pro-active, warm and friendly bunch almost overnight. If you have flown old style SV with lazy, disinterested crews you will instantly notice the vast differences.