FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal {Archive}
Old Apr 27, 2020, 8:16 pm
DJ_Iceman

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I guess FT will rejoice. Finally, no one cheating there way to 1k!
Well, I don't know if I'll rejoice but I am happy for the change. It didn't make sense to me that in the latest program changes, United made it MORE rewarding to fly with their partners than on United itself. As a near-exclusive domestic 1K, I was scratching my head a bit. After all, here on FT it didn't even take a day after the new rules were released for people to "crack the code" and brag about how they'd be buying all their previous-United travel on partner airlines now.

In every scheme it seems like there are winners and losers. I guess I'm a winner because I buy almost only United tickets and fly almost only on United metal. But shouldn't the goal of United's loyalty program be to, oh I don't know, reward loyalty to United? And they can offer some side benefit to those involved in partner schemes, but those side benefits certainly don't seem like they should be more lucrative than the benefits to the core customers...