FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question Concerning COVID and Germany (Schengen)
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:35 pm
NWplatinum

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Same question, but, different profession. Private Pilots needing to get to Germany from LAX to turn around and fly a private aircraft back to LAX (same day). Ive reached out to the consulate but havent heard back on this.
Don’t get your hopes up to get a response. LondonElite Yes, I have been asking this question a lot because things are literally changing week by week, and day by day. So I’m curious if people have any experiences to share? On Monday Colorado is suppose to open up. Georgia has opened. I’m not in Europe, so I don’t know what’s going on there. The rules and deadlines are constantly changing faster than published public information. So the best is to go straight to the source. From what I heard, Latvia has closed their borders till the end of the year? We are in a constantly changing time that is unprecedented. I appreciate the advice you gave up thread.

but given this importance for me, I’ll probably continue asking this question again in a few weeks to see what’s changed, and people can give some experiences and definitive information. Given this is the first time in history something of this magnitude has happened, desperate times call for desperate measures.... Again I appreciate anyone’s help in sharing the constantly changing environment you’re in.