FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closed hotel refers me to another Hilton- it refused to honor my reservation! WWYD?
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:21 am
uncommonsensical

Originally Posted by storewanderer

Did you ask him directly for an explanation as to what happened and why you wasted 2 hours then got turned away from his property?

Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it, but frankly, he needed to talk about it.
I was just kinda stunned at the way the conversation went. Filled with blaming others with a "yeah, I heard what happened" dismissal of his hotel's terrible treatment of me. All he did was come up, not use my name and say, "I trust you're enjoying your stay with us". Hence me asking him if he knew what happened. The rest was chit chat, him bragging that they'll rebound quicker because the surrounding buildings have 9,000 employees, and ignoring the hotel's total fail with the situation.

I kept thinking something else must surely be coming, then he did a little wai and exited to talk to another guest. If he felt the duty manager handled it wrong, nothing in his words or body language gave any hints.

He had thought his #2 had talked to me already. But when told he had not, he didn't seem to care.

IT all felt like someone higher told him to apologize and thus he had to talk to me, but wasn't going to apologize. I could be reading too much into the weird vibe, but the fact remains that nothing has been done. I guess he figures the apology from the Doubletree guy covers it. I would disagree.