FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:17 pm
AeRoSpaceman

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Data Point here. I had to cancel a DL Vacations trip that was redeemed during the double miles promotion last year. This past schedule change Saturday the flights went way out of whack making the trip impossible. It was a 7 night trip departing from PNS to ATL then the nonstop to HNL and back. Whole trip changed including an outbound connection in LAX which lost us our D1 seats and made our flight from PNS to ATL way after the ATL to LAX flight is leaving. I called today to cancel and was put on hold as the agent went to speak to a supervisor. When he came back he said that I would not be getting my miles back but would receive a credit for $6300 which was double the points exactly like I used for the promotion. I would also be getting the $557 refunded to my credit card. The flight credit expires Sept. 2021 is what I was told.

I'm quoting myself here to give some more info. From my previous conversation with the agent from the post above, I was told the $6300 voucher would be posted in a few days and the refund to my Amex would take 7 to 10 business days. I was fine with both. Not planning anything soon. So since the previous agent said the voucher would show up in a "couple" days and it hasn't yet I called in to inquire. Was put thru immediately after navigating the call menu for DL Vacations. The agent I spoke with was very polite and provided more info. He said the the voucher could take up to 6 weeks to show up and that is what they are being told to tell customers (not sure if this is DL Vacation specific or for all DL). He also said that they now have to tell folks that it could take up to 21 days to get a refund to original payment. This info is fine with me as I have no travel anytime soon. Just wanted to point out what I was told.