FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Curious why United still flying to and from Australia
Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:22 pm
evecolorado

Curious why United still flying to and from Australia

Hope this doesn't sound judgmental, it's pure curiosity, but I wonder why United still has daily flights to Australia. Might people still be being repatriated? Cargo? Mail? Other reasons? I've been checking as I've got a return flight to Sydney scheduled for August and if I flew now (even if I were allowed on the plane), my vacation would be spent in a hotel in self-isolation!

Currently:

Australia: Travel restrictions

Travelers are not allowed to transit through or enter Australia, except for those listed below:
  • Nationals of Australia and their immediate family members
  • Permanent residents of Australia and their immediate family members
  • Nationals of New Zealand residing in Australia
  • Airline crew
  • Diplomats accredited to Australia and currently residing in Australia, and their immediate family members
  • Nationals of Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa (American), Solomon Isl., Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu when they are transiting through Australia to their home country
All travelers are required to self-isolate for 14 days from their arrival into Australia. If their duration of stay is less than 14 days, they must self-isolate for the entire duration of stay.
Please be aware that from midnight Friday, April 3, 2020, domestic and international arrivals will be required to pay for their accommodation and food (which could amount to AUD $2,500 per room).