FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Small Aircraft in the mid to late 90s
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:51 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Small Aircraft in the mid to late 90s

Like many others it seems I'm using the lockdown to research my personal flight history.

I have a clear recollection of a flight in the US on a small commuter plane in the mid to late 1990s. The reason it stuck in my head was that it was quite a windy landing, and that the lady on my right spontaneously went into the brace position when a couple of alarms sounded from the front. And also that a tray of biscuits was passed round the cabin, starting with the Captain, from a fully open cockpit, i.e. no bulkheads behind the pilots.

From there it gets a lot more sketchy. I've no idea where it was from, but have a vague recollection we were coming into Dulles. I think it was 1-2 seating, with just a few rows. It may or may not have been United Express (we usually used United in the US when I was over there, and I have something in my mind saying it was United).

I've looked at a few possible contenders that United Express definitely used - Jetstream31; this in my experience usually has a closed cockpit, otherwise it would be a good match for my memories, Embraer Brasilia, looks similar but again more closed a cockpit than I recall, with bulkheads. It wasn't a Cessna 402 (too small). Not a Metroliner I think although that's not a bad match.

Any ideas United or otherwise would be welcome.