FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Closed hotel refers me to another Hilton- it refused to honor my reservation! WWYD?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 1:33 pm
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
"The GM of the refusing property has said hello to me in the lounge- no apology of any sort. Curious whether he knew what had happened I asked him and he replied that he knew all about it (ie: I don't want to talk about it), and took zero responsibility for anything (frankly, kinda get the feeling the tone deaf upsell attempt was HIS policy!)."

Did you ask him directly for an explanation as to what happened and why you wasted 2 hours then got turned away from his property?

Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it, but frankly, he needed to talk about it.

Given the low volume of customers these properties have right now, this should not be that hard. As you noted they were at 3% occupancy... what in the heck is his staff and shift management doing that they couldn't figure out how to make the reservation work on the first visit?

I kind of get the failure at the Marriott property since you were using points... but no excuse at the other Hilton property.