FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HK/China land crossings re-opening 18th May?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:10 am
EMIC

Programs: CX, BA
Originally Posted by garykung
My comment is not personal. But since I don't believe that. I have a legitimate reason to believe it is either fake or inaccurate.

The borders are not fully closed. The traveler is simply subject to additional quarantine.

Yes. My guess is the border would be fully re-opened in July, with June as a possibility.

Although denied by the HKSAR Government, the strike by medical workers has contributed the Mainland border closure. So objectively, if the Government is attempting to re-open the border, there will be another protest/strike, whatever you can imagine.

And this is not the time for it.
If you want to know what genuine 'fake / inaccurate' news is like, just listen to the diatribe from DT at daily press conferences.

I think that most people would understand that the border crossing being 'open' constitutes a semblance of free movement once crossed - not the extremely restrictive option of 14 days enforced quarantine.

The 'protesters' egging on the medical workers to strike was actually a positive move, and sped up the gradual closure of the borders when C-19 was rampant in China and HK was relatively free / in the early stages. Now the table is turned, any repeat of demonstrations against the border opening by medical or others, would be ironic, but nothing else.