FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report: Delta considering trading 717s to Boeing for 737MAX jets
Old Apr 21, 2020, 7:56 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by smartytravel
Would they have some policy for last minute swaps?

One of the main reasons why I’m loyal to Delta and its partners is because they don’t fly the 737 max coffin.

I will always refuse to fly that plane. What recourse can passengers have if they intentionally buy a more expensive ticket NOT to fly MAX, but then Delta swaps it?

Getting Max would be a huge mistake for Delta. I hope it’s not going to materialize.
The contract of carriage doesn't provide any recourse for aircraft swaps. By the time Delta would take possession of these, the safety issues will be fully resolved, and they will almost certainly take a position that they are equivalent to anything else in the fleet.

That said, standard schedule change rules apply, and you'll probably be able to talk an agent into changing for you if you end up booked on one involuntarily. I've successfully argued my way off of 767-300 business class seats or MD-90 operated flights back onto a better airplane before, and this situation is probably pretty similar.