FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot - lost next connection because of delay - reason for compensation?
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:42 am
fifty_two

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by bankops
These facts aside, booking a legal minimum transfer in SVO, in winter, is a recipe for disaster. Plain and simple.
100% true.

Originally Posted by cosiek
  1. Aeroflot reserved 1 h connection between arrival and departure terminal D and it was MCT (Minimum Connection Time). However, still, it was not SCT (Sensible Connection Time).
What made the situation worse, our arrival terminal was changed from D to C, what made it impossible to get on time for the next plane. Expected time for going from arrival terminal C to departure D is over 1h.
Regardless of what aeroflot say or sell , i dont recommend anyone to book ANY connection in SVO under 3 hours

From experience i can say anything can go wrong , and as you saw , you can lose a lot of time during each step of the transfer. And if you miss your flight , the staff might find all reasons to avoid helping you and you might have to pay by yourself for next flight

Originally Posted by cosiek
Generally, I feel that in such case, once:
a. we got an offer, which was having high probability not getting on time for next flight
b. risky run during wintertime through the airport in Moscow
c. not reliable and plain answer from the Aeroflot on compensation letter
it is worth to start the case.
Yes it is worth to start it , if the 3rd party you contact see that the case is valid, but not for the reasons you are listing here

a. They respected the MCT of the airport.
b. They are not responsible for the weather and no one forced you to run
c. Their answers are carefully designed , so "not reliable and plain answer" is not valid in a court

Last edited by fifty_two; Apr 21, 2020 at 2:48 am