FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflot - lost next connection because of delay - reason for compensation?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:37 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cosiek
Thank you Guys for a really professional approach. I needed time to understand all acronyms you used and phrases.
So summing up:
  1. Each of us - me and my wife - should get compensation in EUR600, because of EC261/2004 rules.
  2. Flight SU2003 had a delay because of the long taxi times (over 30 mins). It was not caused by any "extraordinary circumstance". Only operational problems - not my problem from the client perspective.
  3. The flight going to Dubai (SU0522) actually left the gate 10 minutes earlier - so also this advantage on our side.
  4. Aeroflot reserved 1 h connection between arrival and departure terminal D and it was MCT (Minimum Connection Time). However, still, it was not SCT (Sensible Connection Time).
What made the situation worse, our arrival terminal was changed from D to C, what made it impossible to get on time for the next plane. Expected time for going from arrival terminal C to departure D is over 1h.

I have an additional question:
-> I found a lot of websites/companies where they are saying that they do not take any money for running the case unless it is won. Do you know what is general % of their income from the won case?

Generally, I feel that in such case, once:
a. we got an offer, which was having high probability not getting on time for next flight
b. risky run during wintertime through the airport in Moscow
c. not reliable and plain answer from the Aeroflot on compensation letter
it is worth to start the case.

Thank you very much once again.
Regards,
Jakub
technically speaking, you may be due for compensation under the rules. Though rather unlikely to collect without any legal efforts. The agencies typically take 25% of the awards, and they will initially give a very quick feedback on whether the case has merit to pursue. In this case, I'd just hand it over to one of these agencies, and see what they can make of it. Fighting with Aeroflot in Moscow, as I am sure their European offices will divert your requests and contacts there, is just too much of an uphill battle for a normal person.