FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 19, 2020, 4:15 am
maddy_arr

Cancel travel voucher for refund

I had booked a flight for my parents scheduled to travel on May 1 2020. Back in March I had applied for a voucher thinking that I could use the voucher for anyone in the household. BA’s voucher conditions in their website back in March had said “You may use the voucher however you want but each person In the ticket will receive a voucher”. But now, they updated their voucher information in their website that the voucher is non-transferable and can only be used by the original passengers. The flight is not cancelled yet but will get cancelled next week due to ongoing restrictions. My parents are older people and won’t be able to travel within the next 1 year. I have been trying to cancel the voucher and get a refund instead. BA simply says that there is no option. They insist that once a voucher is issued, it cannot be reversed. Can anyone please let me know what options I have to avoid losing all of the money? Isn’t it possible for them to cancel the voucher and reinstate the original booking, so I can apply for a refund when the flight gets cancelled?
Thank you,