FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 related disputes
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2020, 10:40 am
36902BRF

In late March I submitted several claims after proactively cancelling refundable TAP J class tickets. Opened a dispute via chat since I could not do via Amex website. I had cancelled the reservations a couple of weeks before on the day that TAP disabled the ability to request cash refunds online (I made it in under the wire). Normally I would have waited longer but TAP to date has refused to confirm the amount I should expect back, whether it will be back to my credit card or indeed when I can expect my refund. Thankfully since I was able to do everything online I took screenshots of EVERYTHING so my claim is quite well documented.

Edit: I should add that I have zero interest in future airline credits as I am sitting on a ton of miles at this point from all my flight cancellations. For the next year or two I will pretty much only book on points due to the flexibility they provide. I don't think Amex should force folks to take airline credits when cash is allowed due to either the law and/or the original terms of the ticket.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Apr 18, 2020 at 10:53 am