View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 20, 12:27 am
GagaPilot

Programs: DL PM
Not airline related, but it's COVID-19 related. Thankfully my airline purchases have been refunded properly.

I purchased event tickets through Ticket Master in Dec 2019 for an event scheduled on March 26, 2020. On March 15 I was notified by Ticket Master that the event was cancelled (not postponed) and I would automatically receive a full refund back to my Amex in 14-21 days. Around the two week mark I started attempting to contact Ticket Master. It took days of getting disconnected from their online chat, Twitter refused to answer messages, and their phone lines are disconnected. Towards the end of the second week I lucked out and was able to live chat with an agent. She said the refund would be within 30 days of cancellation (March 15). Well today is April 17 and no refund. I attempted to contact Ticket Master again and no luck.

So I opened a dispute on the Amex website. I answered the questions related to services not received. It specifically asked if I or the vendor cancelled. It also specifically asked had I allowed the quoted refund time to elapse. It also asked if it was COVID-19 related. I submitted the dispute for the tickets ($630.20) and uploaded two documents. The first was the original receipt showing purchase to my Amex. The second was the cancellation email quoting 7-21 days.

The Amex website said due to COVID-19 please allow 60 days for a response. After submitting the dispute it said to expect a decision by June 17. To my surprise I checked the disputes tab about 30 minutes later and the dispute is closed with the message "After completing our investigation, we have credited your account the disputed amount. This will display as an adjustment on an upcoming statement."

To me this is shockingly fast. It does not mention that it's a preliminary credit or anything like that. I'm guessing someone reviewed the documents and quickly sided with me? I can also imagine they have tons of other disputes related to TicketMaster so probably was an easy decision.

Best of luck in your disputes! Please let us know how they turn out.