FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Rumor] CX considering cancelling 777X order
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:09 pm
TomYoung

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I would not be surprised to learn that CX has cancelled their 777X order. I don't have any idea of the terms of their purchase contract but it would not be beyond the realms of my imagination to find that it had a clause that could be invoked. CX is fighting for its survival, although one would not think so by the number of posters here whinging that someone else was given a bigger apple than them, while neither had an entitlement to any such a gift. What I do find more difficult to understand is why CX is extending leases for up 20 frames for a further 10 years. Years when these frames may have very little value. Only leases for 10 will expire by the end of 2022. The expiry of the next 10 stretch beyond 2025. That does not appear to be an urgent issue on which to expend current management time. I can only imagine that the leasing companies are giving CX something of immediate value as part of a package. Perhaps if CX agrees to extend leases for another 10 years at the current monthly rate the lessors will waive lease payment for the next "X" months. Who knows.