FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Big Business Pledged Gentler Capitalism. It’s Not Happening in a Pandemic.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:27 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
If the actions of a For Profit company offends you why not just Stop funding them and walk away?
I do think it's a real issue, beyond what individual customers think. I'm the most pro-capitalism, pro-free market person I know. I wonder how shareholders (I'm not one) view the CEO getting a raise+bonus while the stock has dropped nearly 50% and the company's future is uncertain. And again, the effect this has on the morale of employees. When a "For Profit company" is not making a profit, should executives be rewarded?

As others have said, if the company never recovers, maybe he doesn't collect on the compensation promises. I have no doubt Marriott will remain in business, but they may be slightly smaller. Right now, a raise announcement seems like poor timing for a number of reasons.

To me, many of the adjectives people use here (disgusting, reprehensible, etc.) don't apply. I think it's just bad business.