FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extensions of Elite Status, CP, Travel funds, and option to convert funds to points
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:37 pm
Beetlesauce

Originally Posted by Marko123
I didn't realize status could expire midyear. I'm not sure in your case as the note says: For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who earned A-List or A-List Preferred status through December 31, 2020 and not through any type of promotion, we are extending your current earned status through December 31, 2021.
Last year, my A-List was set to expire 12/31/2019 but then Southwest suddenly extended it till 04/30/2020. I read on several forums that others also had their expiration dates automatically extended. Some until end of May 2020, others until end of June 2020. We did nothing beforehand. Extension was good but sort of screwed me because I typically earn my A-List by doing a status match with my AA status in early Jan. That gets me A-List for 90 days. Then I extend till year end by flying 3 roundtrips within the 90 days. Didn't get that opportunity to do the 3 roundtrips this year because of the auto extension till April.

Originally Posted by Marko123

So maybe you'll just get 4/30/2021??
SW says - "For Members enrolled in a promotion granting promotional A-List status or challenging a Member to extend promotional A-List status such as Status Match, Tier Challenge, Tier Experience, or a Corporate Status Challenge and who met the flight requirements by the promotion end date, we are extending your current promotional status through December 31, 2021."

Pretty sure it's till 12/31/2021. Assume I'm in a promotional granting promotional A-List Status but even if it's till 4/31/2021, I'd still be thrilled.