FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expedia and refunds
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 2:20 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
In my experience of doing this for over a decade when a company is giving me the run around, I always just select “transaction not recognized” as this puts the responsibility of proving its valid on the merchant. I have never had a huge merchant such as an airline or Orbitz for that matter sending in a tape of you. Frankly they just don’t have the time.

Feel free to PM me. When you select other reasons, your bank asks you for a bunch of documents, and usually gives YOU the run around instead of the merchant.

Of course I only recommend doing this when you’re rightfully owed a refund.

Orbitz (an Expedia sister company) said it was going to take a month to get my refunds, but when I confronted their tier2 customer service via email and told them I needed the refund processed sooner they ended up giving me back my rightfully owed money in less than 5 days.
I don't follow. Are you saying that if you book a flight and pay for the ticket with your credit card, and decide to cancel because the flight or timings no longer suit you, you initiate a chargeback with the reason that you don't recognise the charge? I ask because the reason for 'rightfully' being owed money is open to interpretation.