FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta: Refund/Mileage Redeposit/Cancellation/Rebooking During COVID19
Old Apr 15, 2020, 12:40 pm
octr202

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by MSPtoMEL
Looking for some guidance here. Spouse and I were supposed to fly MSP-ATL-MAD on May 7, returning May 24 LIS-BOS-MSP. Today I see the trip is gone from my trips and I have a credit that has no amount but matches my ticket # in my wallet. Quick dummy booking and the int'l legs are no longer scheduled, so I assume they're cancelled. But as yet, no email or other confirmation from DL.

I was going to cancel eventually for obvious reasons but waited because I want the refund, not a credit (don't worry Delta, you'll get the trip eventually!). I am wondering if it is time to call for a refund due to cancellation or whether this is some DL IT glitch and the flights will reappear. Has anyone seen this process before?
Can't add any info yet, but just landed it what seems like exact same situation. Had BOS-DTW-FRA round trip (5/22-6/1) booked, was waiting until they changed the flight to try to get a refund. Yesterday the flights disappeared and now my account shows a credit with an error message for value, and expiring 12 months from original ticket date. Definitely need to get that fixed or refunded as we're unlikely to be able to take this vacation trip in 2020 at this rate. Only notice received was a very generic, undetailed email saying "your trip has been cancelled, you're getting a credit."

Currently DL is offering alternate itineraries for our original travel dates, but they're now on double connection routes via some combination or DTW/ATL and CDG/AMS both ways. I'm assuming that going from one connection to two should normally qualify for a refund.

Planning to give it a couple days to see if something shakes out then I'll try to see if I can get answers. I'll be sure to post back on what happens as a non-status non-regular DL flyer.