FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Reduced Inflight Food and Beverage Restrictions as of 03/2020 and changes
Old Apr 14, 2020, 11:29 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Wow, that is odd indeed....I always thought PHL-MCO was normally long enough for a meal flight. It's obvious by all the wrappings that this is intended to be served during this pandemic, but I just checked the AA website the other day and they still say they aren't serving meals in domestic first so maybe things are loosening up in this area. The other option is that the catering companies have a ton of food stock from cancelled flights that need to be either used or thrown away (or better yet, donated).
PHL-MCO is 861 Miles which puts it under the 900 mile meal threshold. Some routes (ORD-DCA/RDU, LGA-ATL) retained meals due to competition but routes like this did not. Weird to think I got more food today than I would have two months ago where this would be a snack plate at best or snack basket at worst.