FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Card Spend Qualifying for Million Miler 1 May - 31 Dec 2020
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:35 pm
tbone14

Originally Posted by Jor
I have 926,074 miles toward AA MM program I earned mostly using a qualifying AA Visa Card prior to 2011 before credit card purchases were disqualified. I'm looking for a creative way of earning the remaining 75k miles over the next 8 months AA has allowed qualifying AA card purchases to apply to MM.

I currently average around $5-6k/month spend on a Costco Visa card which I pay off monthly. I also have a $3.4k/mo mortgage payment. I'm not sure if I can pay off the mortgage with a credit card, but that would put me in striking distance of the $9735/mo I'd need to spend before the end of the year to make it to the MM promise land.

I'm not asking for purchase recommendations, I can think of those on my own. I'm hoping someone has a hail Mary plan for MM status given this window of opportunity.
Look into Plastiq. That service allows you to pay the mortgage with a credit card, but there is a 2.5% fee. They sometimes do promotions, which would reduce the fee further. A few years ago, I paid my federal income tax bill with my credit card, as I was a 1099. It was ~$20k, and the fee was approximately 2.5% too. My logic was that I'd be getting 20k award miles, and that would be equivalent to 4 transcons, without actually flying, so it was worth it to me. 20k award miles was at least 1 round trip, so the cost was negated. The award miles from your credit card reduces the fee %.