FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2020] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Apr 13, 2020, 4:53 am
Hillion

Programs: Krisflyer, Hilton
Originally Posted by Microwave
Already planning our return to the resort with the missus. Two quick questions based on the above posts:
  • Do the “blocks” of award rooms appear weekly, for a week’s worth of inventory? As in, would the next “block” be released 1 week after the last one, on April 15?
  • Do we know whether the “slightly past midnight” timing for release is US west coast or east coast?
Thanks as always!
Great to hear that you're planning your trip back so soon, and awesome review, wish you can share some pictures of the food at Glow.

As for as i can tell, there seems to be no way to know when the blocks are release. Personally, I would estimate these happen every 10 days or so and begin monitoring availability 17 April 2021 onward. You'll have to make a call on this. For the block released on 8 April 2020 inventory was for 8 nights. I suspect the next block would be longer.

Prior to this, a previous block was released on 17 March for 1st week March 2021 according to this post., which had at least 10 nights. So there was likely one end March 2020 (for nights up till 24 March 2021).

To be exact, the time I noticed availability was 2AM on EST 8 April 2020, though I was checking every couple of hours so give or take a few.