FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA life post COVID-19 recovery
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:26 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
IMHO, the best way to project the "post Covid-19 UA" is looking at the travel patterns and projected travel volume of each one of us on Flyertalk. I know we are a small sample of overall United frequent flyer population, but I would think it provides a better indication than reading some of the fun posts based on self-gut feelings or wild speculations. They are clearly fun to read and I enjoy everyone of them especially I am grounded.

Here is my anticipated post Covid-19 travels (assume start on July 1) for the second half of 2020:

1. zero transatlantic flights (usually 4 per six months)
2. 1/2 of my Asia-EU flights are not happening (usually 4 per per six months, but this won't impact UA)
3. projected 12 transpacific flights to cut down to 5
4. 40 domestic flights to be cut down to 15
5. 12 intra-Asia/Oceania flights will be gone altogether (No impact to UA)

I am based out of DC and South Florida, and my transpac destinations are PEK, HKG, SIN and TYO. transatlantic destinations are LHR, MAD and FRA. Domestic destinations NYC, SFO,

Other than UA, I fly SQ the most (PPS), and follow by OS/LH/LX and CA

Base on this single sample of millions, I see UA's transatlantic flights hurting, domestic traffic goes down 2/3 and transpac traffic is less than 1/2 pre Covid 19. I won't qualify for SQ PPS after the extension, and I won't have the opportunity to use Plus points to sit in LH F, and sadly no more outstanding coffee and in-flight caterings on OS!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Apr 11, 2020 at 4:54 am