FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico - How do I get them to refund ticket for cancelled flight
Old Apr 9, 2020, 3:40 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by angra
@Often1 are you seeing reports of positively concluded disputes with AM? I opened disputes with AM and SQ on the same day under the same circumstances, about 3 weeks ago. SQ has been resolved in my favor, but AM is still under investigation. I presume this means that AM is fighting.

Of course I expect this to go in my favor, but I never personally treat the money as back in hand until the dispute is resolved. So, I am wondering how others are faring or if there is any knowledge we can extract by others' outcomes/progress.
It all depends on your card issuer. There are reports here that Amex US is handling disputes in 1-2 days if they are properly documented as noted above.

I would call your card issuer and find out whether it has what it needs from you. If AM is indeed contesting the chargeback and presuming that your tickets include at least a flight to or from the US, I would file a DOT complaint as well. That won't speed up your chargeback, but it is important for DOT to know which carriers are not complying with the 2011 rules and its recent Warning Letter.