FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impacts of Lufthansa's Downsizing/Grounding of Big Jets on UA Flyers
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:44 pm
noah

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
LH grounding some aircraft is merely a small fraction of what will impact all of us. I'm not sure when/if we'll ever see 2 LH hubs (FRA/MUC) -- but this is just the beginning. Every airline will ground planes and reduce service. As things return they'll try and forecast when and where travel will return and sometimes they'll get it right and sometimes they won't -- but it will almost certainly not be as easy as it was before to connect many of the spots on earth as conveniently or comfortably as we've become accustomed. It took a long time for the full impact of 9-11 to really be felt on the "new" aviation normal that emerged, and that is a relatively small impact compared to what this pandemic continues to do to the industry. I'm sad to see the A380 go, but I'll just be happy if most of the *A airlines emerge from this in some capacity.