FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA • CONFIRMS • Status Extension to JAN 2022; PQP Thresholds Reduced by ˝ for 2020
Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:25 am
Jkrun03

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Any idea yet if people holding status the entire year of 2020 based on a 2019 status challenge will be included in the extensions? The fine print gives UA the right to exclude this case, but doesn’t expressly say they will do so. In my case my 2019 flying would have earned me a lower tier of status the “hard way” even without a challenge, so at the very least I hope they give me that level through the end of next year...
I'm still waiting on an answer for this too. If they follow DL's lead, it will be extended. DL clearly states status matches are included. Frankly, it would be a very bad look if they didn't and you could argue it. Sure we didn't fly as much as a published status, but just like everyone else we agreed to certain criteria in exchange status for X amount of time. That X amount of time is the same as anyone else who qualified normally in 2019 and we are receiving the same reduced flying situation this year to try to re-qualify. Not a difficult argument to make that status matches should be included IMO.