View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 20, 7:23 pm
voodoogirl

Originally Posted by yugi View Post
It's not just airfare, it's also hotels and car rentals. I was mostly booking hotels in conjunction with Prestige and Rewards+ it was giving 1.85cpp when you book 4 nights in a row. Not sure if they will give $100 when booking $500 hotel with TYP. This will be a slight hit, since redemption will now be at 1.48cpp.
Uncapped groceries category is great though, you can combine this card with Amex EDP, after you hit $6k yearly spend. Prestige is used for restaurants, so Gold becomes redundant and most likely will be cancelled and replaced by EDP.
Thank you for the suggestion. I haven't really priced rental cars through the portal, but just looked and actually the rate is pretty good (for a Challenger) for an upcoming trip, I just might have to use some points for that! I haven't found a good rate for that category car and it's not much more than the full size boring car I had booked elsewhere. Now if only the cards still had car rental insurance coverage.

For those of us with Premier and Prestige, do I have this right? Post April 2021
Prestige - 5x Dining and Airfare, 3x Hotel and Cruise, 1x everything
Premier - 3x on restaurants, supermarkets, air travel, hotels, car rental, public transportation and tolls, 1x everything. $100 for $500 hotel (not sure if this will be much benefit)