FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:48 pm
dfw88

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
40. Now you are in Denver in 1984 and are off to Fairbanks in the front cabin. This flight operates six days a week and makes two stops en route with both breakfast and lunch being served. Name the airline, both stops and the aircraft. PARTIALLY ANSWERED - the stops were SEA and ANC. It wasn't United and the aircraft wasn't a B727-100.

From the get-go I was thinking Wien Alaska operating a 737-200 on this one. When I saw dfw88's supposition that it was United with a 727-100, I thought "Of course!" 1984 was the year United expanded mainline jet service to all 50 states, thus allowing me to complete the 50 State Marathon and earn a year of unlimited free First Class travel around the 50 states. United made a lot of sense and I figured dfw88 had a winner here. But NO! Wien had been serving the route since at least 1982, possibly earlier. So let's go with WC operating the aforementioned 73S.
I was just coming back here to offer Wien Alaska as my next guess but alas you have beat me to it! As to the still-missing aircraft type I think that only leaves the 727-200, right?